Last week, Frontier Strategy Group and CREATe.org hosted a webinar on the 2018 Global Business & Compliance Outlook. Our presenters, Antonio Martinez, Director for Global Economics at FSG, and Pamela Passman, President and CEO of CREATe Compliance, addressed the following issues top-of-mind for internationally-focused executives:
- What important scenarios in developed markets should executives prepare for?
- What are the key drivers of opportunity for multinational companies in emerging markets?
- How will key geographies perform across North America, Asia, Latin America, Middle East, Africa and Europe?
- What key enterprise-wide risks are companies likely to face as they operate globally?
- How can multinationals best work with third party partners to mitigate risks?
- What are leading practices for global governance, risk management and compliance programs?
The global outlook has stabilized considerably over the last year as emerging markets continue a gradual recovery and developed markets demonstrate resilience to politically driven disruptions. However, multinational executives should not grow complacent — Chinese growth continues to moderate, the Federal Reserve is tightening monetary policy, and the Trump administration continues to drive uncertainty. Management priorities will continue to focus on assessing the right risk-adjusted market opportunities, building the right commercial capabilities, and developing effective market-monitoring capabilities across the organization.
If you were unable to attend the live presentation, you can watch the recording below: